Welcome to GCC
- Our phone number is (574) 533-8122
- Sunday School – 9:00 a.m.
- Worship Service – 10:15 a.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Friday: telephone or email: 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Telephone: 574-533-8122
- Office email: email@example.com
- GCC founded: September 1979
- Minister, Kim Huffman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Church Secretary, Bernie Todd (email@example.com)
What We Believe
We believe the Bible (both Old and New Testaments) is the infallible Word of God. It is our only rule of faith and practice. We have no other creed, no other doctrine. We believe the 66 books of the Bible are:
- ”…able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” 2Timothy 3:15
- ”…inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness” 2Timothy 3:16
We believe Scripture when it declares “…in the beginning God” (Genesis 1:1). We understand this to mean God is eternal in nature. Nothing made God. He has always existed; and always will. We believe there in only one true God who, in the beginning, created the sun, the moon, the stars, and the planets. He create our world and everything in it (John 1:3). He created man in His image to enjoy fellowship with God for all eternity.
We believe Jesus is “…the Christ, the Son of the Living God” (Matthew 16:16). He is God (John 1:1), in the flesh (John 1:14), who came from Heaven to redeem fallen man. He is the Messiah, the Savior of the world, who died on a cross to save us from the penalty of sin. Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through me” (John 14:6).
We believe the Holy Spirit is the indwelling presence of God who marks us as Christians (Ephesians 1:13). He is given as a gift to all who repent and are baptized (Acts 2:36). He empowers us to accomplish works of service (1Corinthians 12:7). He is the Helper sent by God that we might walk in such a way to bear faithful witness (John 15:26-27). Through Him we are able to bear godly fruit in our lives (Galatians 5:22).
We believe a person is saved by God’s love and mercy, by God’s grace. Nothing man can do would ever earn him the salvation of God. It is a free gift from God attained through faith and obedience (Ephesians 2:8). In receiving this gift of grace, an individual will respond in faith (James 2:14-26) by:
- Hearing the Gospel (Romans 10:17)
- Believing in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Acts 16:31)
- Repenting of one’s sins (Acts 2:38; 17:30 and Luke 13:3)
- Confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10 and Matthew 10:32,33)
- Being Baptized (Immersed) into Christ (Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-6, IPeter 3:21 and Mark 16:16)
- Living and Loving by the example of Jesus (Matthew 25:31-46 and Philippians 2:12)
- Being Faithful unto Death (Revelation 2:10b, Matthew 10:22, 24:13 and ICorinthians 15:58)